Top 3 types of HR assessment tools impacting the hiring process
IN 2019, Mercer Mettl’s survey found that 42% of companies struggle to recruit top talent. The reasons are the excessive time it takes to close positions and the higher compensation packages offered by competing companies.
Talent, many HR teams turn to a variety of assessment tools to filter the candidate pool during the employee selection process. These tools provide a wealth of information for the employer to understand how and why candidates behave and think like them.
They help select employees who have the potential to run their business. To better explain, let’s explore three types of HR assessment tools and their advantages:
Recommended Article: Buyer’s Guide to free ATS
1. Structured screening and interviews processes
These types of interviews have a high degree of predictive power because all candidates are asked the same set of questions. Unfortunately, the results can be subjective if the interviewer is not trained. This is where HireVue, a video review, and interview software, comes in handy.
Combine visual interviews in a game-based format with artificial intelligence to gather key information about the candidate’s work style and general cognitive skills. These data points are analyzed by HireVue’s machine learning algorithms which rank candidates based on their performance, without any human intervention. Ideally, a Canadian startup uses artificial intelligence to review resumes based on the employer’s needs.
The virtual assistant integrates with the client’s candidate tracking system and ATS. Based on the employer’s previous hiring decision, the platform adjusts to identify the most desirable elements in a candidate’s resume using pattern recognition technology.
2. Conducting simulations by leveraging AI
Simulations allow employers to assess the job skills and decision-making abilities of candidates. AssessFirst, a predictive recruiting tool, asks employers several questions to understand the positions they need to hire for.
All applicants are then tested to assess what they can do, how they will adapt to the company, and how successful they will be on the job.
Harver, an artificial intelligence-based pre-employment assessment suite, implements a proprietary algorithm to assess candidates on factors such as suitability, personality, cultural fit, soft skills, and multitasking skills. The platform turns the results into actionable data that can be used by HR teams to select the right candidates and move the hiring process forward.
3. Collecting work samples in realistic settings
Job samples allow employers to see candidates in action, doing some of the actual work using the necessary equipment and tools. Lytmus is a machine-based platform that allows candidates to demonstrate their skills in realistic environments.
Focused primarily on finding and assessing technological talent, the platform maintains a record of data in the backend so that employers can later view the tasks performed by candidates. The platform is primarily used for recruiting for engineering roles that are more difficult to assess, such as Frontend, Backend, and Systems.
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning have allowed employers to get rid of the manual process of going through stacks of resumes to select the right candidates. They take the guesswork out of the initial selection process due to low human interference.
- Using facial recognition technologies, employers can assess candidate characteristics such as confidence, enthusiasm, interest, indifference, and anxiety and access a large database of personality traits. . Results can become subjective when performed by a human.
- Predictive analytics can improve the hiring experience by helping companies predict the likelihood that a candidate will fit well into a company’s work culture. The better the prediction, the better the chances that the candidate will fit in well. The best decision is not necessarily made because of poor human judgment.
Like any other new technology in its nascent stage, AI and ML will bring in both rewards and challenges to the hiring space. However, a strategic approach while adopting them will help employers pick top talent quickly and cost-effectively.
Well if you're looking for the help SpringVerify, companies can select candidates with blockchain-powered verified resumes and meaningful skill endorsements for the interview process. Learn more about where to get a background check.