Top 5 Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) Compared 2022
Candidate tracking systems make the hiring process efficient by automatically processing candidate resumes, scheduling meetings, tracking individual candidate steps, and much more.
The hiring process at any business can be long and tedious, taking up to 27–47 days to hire a new candidate. With the rapidly changing workforce and global markets, the branding of an organization based on social media is increasingly used to attract top talent. Today’s employees do a lot of research before applying for a job, which makes it crucial for companies to design a hiring strategy based on market trends.
A review of the available ATSs
ATS is one of the tools that help improve the recruiting process. With so many options available in the market, it’s hard to choose the best one for your business. According to Datanyze, here are the market shares of the main ATS.
Market, The growth of ATS is controlled by factors such as increased demand for advanced technologies and automation. Companies are adopting innovative tools to establish themselves in the market. Choosing the right cost-effective ATS that achieves the best results is essential.
Here is a look at the features of the best ATSs available today
- Provides tools like guided search, spotlights, and advanced recruiting filters that allow you to find the right candidate.
- Allows you to contact the candidate directly through personalized InMail.
- The ATS can be used to connect to the recruiter directly, eliminating the hassle of switching between systems.
- Connectifier got acquired by LinkedIn in 2016 and still operates as a wholly-owned subsidiary.
- They have a growing database of more than 450 million candidates.
- Their auto-search web browser allows users to view profiles on LinkedIn and other social networking sites.
- The goal of this Artificial Intelligence (AI) company is to incorporate intelligence into the employment platforms.
Oracle Taleo Cloud Service
- They have been one of the market leaders in providing solutions for top management.
- They rely heavily on the social interface that allows the sourcing of applications through social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Their features include Job Board Postings, Onboarding, and Mobile accessibility.
- Provides tools and functionalities based on the business size and requirements.
- Their top features include social media distribution, assessment, background screening, and Job Board Integration.
- They provide all the relevant data in one place, thus allowing a review of internal as well as external candidates’ profiles on any device.
- You can set reminders to track all relevant parameters.
- You can promote an employee and create a new requisition in a single action.
Limitations of the current ATS
Although these are very useful applicant tracking systems, they have some limitations. For example, LinkedIn is a professional networking site, so not everyone may be looking for a job. The reverse is also true; that is, not everyone looking for a job is on LinkedIn.
Plus, each potential candidate would receive interview calls from multiple companies! When you take a close look at the features of Workday’s recruiting software, it doesn’t allow you to rank candidates or see their detailed reviews directly.
You must manually compare candidate rankings. In iCIMS, some basic requirements such as custom reports or date range changes are limited to the full version of the license. The full version of Oracle Taleo Cloud Service is inexpensive. There’s no bulk send feature, and they have plenty of filters that let you choose only from the drop-down menus
Areas of improvement
For an ATS to be effective and easy to use, it must have the basic functionality to suit all types and sizes of businesses. First, it must be affordable. Second, it should be easy to use and understand. Regular updates and modifications are essential to keep it competitive and relevant to changing market conditions; these updates should be smooth and work without affecting the functionality of the software. Fast, 24-hour customer support helps eliminate any issues or delays in the recruiting process.
What’s new in ATS Market?
Our extensive market research has identified the need for a more efficient ATS that would overcome the current limitations. The result is our ATS ‘SpringRecruit’ that we have recently launched in the BETA version.
SpringRecruit is forever-free and is currently invite-only. You can check it out at producthunt.com/upcoming/springrecruit.